Sunday, July 6, 2014

The first thing to know is going to work in England is much simpler than it seems (for european). M

Jeremy Chatelaine Blog Archive Living and working in the video game in England
I'll turn the page of England for good (we hope otherwise everything will not not work as expected) to return to the mainland (I love it when we called English continental).
In 1999 I went to work in England Lionhead on Black and White and since I receive from time to time of emails asking me how it is to work in England (note that we often forget to ask me too how it is to live in England at all, although this is equally important).
The first thing to know is going to work in England is much simpler than it seems (for european). Moreover, just a glance at the site of the french consulate in London to realize.
French side, I can prevent the taxes that I no longer resided in France. Ha then I also incrit there some yeard Consulate in London (this is not required, but preferrable if you need to renew your passport euro style for example ... but beware, they are very very slow process applications of any kind and were unkind every time I had to move me, so are planning for what to expect every time you go)
Cote English, euro style a passport, a bank account (thanks to a letter from your employer) and it was gone. The box that hires you is responsible for making the paperwork for you (you declare it globally), suddenly you almost have shit to do.
After having followed a relationship with the English social agents (by invitation), I received a few weeks later my English social security number that I can give to my employer so that the state can tax me to the source of my salary (to the difference of France or a declaration must be completed each year and give money ... believe me we greatly appreciate this simplicity).
The nice thing is that you are not forced to wait for your social security number to be able to start working, you will just charge a little more with a temporary code but will stabilize when you start a use your definitive code (so that your first wages vary somewhat).
The real question therefore is whether worth ca. This is indeed the question that many people ask: is that it's worth to live and work in England? For me, yes, in ca was worth, but I'll go a little deeper euro style into the detail because it may not be not the case for everyone.
As everywhere, there's more and there's less. I'll do my best to explain to you the two sides as honestly as possible so that you can make your own opinion (but hey it's still all the same based on my experience and my way of understanding life).
Basically, a programmer key between 30k and 40k / year gross (remove roughly 25% for taxes and that is what you will receive without having to give back with a statement of tax subsequently, and some countries have really good taste to be inspired ...).
Even the banks are getting into: the online banking services are free, debit cards also, no fees and maintains a much more advantageous than the offers I have seen in France interest rates. In short it is the joy as long as you are not like the English to borrow everything goes and you do not have children (see below).
The Government also like you to save and a mini ISA (a savings account), you can have ~ 5% non-taxable interest for a maximum deposit of 3,000 per year (and interest accumulate for years of 'after), which saves you money without doing anything and without risk for your money remains available within two weeks if necessary. Royal.
Must say economically, ca going pretty well in England, there's not a lot of unemployment, and those seeking a job in our industry should euro style be able to find one relatively easily. There's also full of recruiters to help you, but I will return later because everything is not rosy either.
Rents in London and around the racketage are nothing less, count minimum 800/month for a one bedroom apartment (yes per month). And of course euro style it is in this area that are most clubs play videos. Y'en a few in the countryside far from always

No comments:

Post a Comment