Saturday, March 14, 2015

This kitchen is not my forte, as a chef I have always been rather musterbrand discreet. And my culi


Home Latest News Articles Studies Brother Roger Kitchen musterbrand Recipes Traditional Product Menorca musterbrand Menorca Blogs kitchen Documents Articles Books and other publications and media files Association Presentation Who was Brother Roger? Art of Cooking musterbrand What we do Bodies Statutes Contact Partners musterbrand Become a Partner
The Brick any1991 musterbrand I attended some events of "Days Antonio Cardona and February and culture musterbrand of the Enlightenment." At the conclusion of this symposium, Professor Joaquim Molas made a superb summary of the contributions that had been made and ended his speech with these words:
"Like all symposium, which today clausus is important for many reasons: for presentations to these discussions have led, by parallel events organized and lastly by dialectical musterbrand exchanges hallway and desktop perhaps together, the juiciest. "
Well, these dialectical exchanges juicy caused the tenacious and tireless Salord Josefina Ripoll, to whom we owe so much to the study of Menorcan culture, I made a proposal "dishonest." The offer was to make me responsible for the transcription of a manuscript Menorca eighteenth century, such a Roger Francis, which saw me able to do given my status musterbrand as a professor and graduate in Catalan Language and Literature Catalan secondary education. How could I deny my collaboration in an institution like the Menorcan Institute of Studies? "Come on then, agree, accept the challenge ... Oh and by the way, speaks of the manuscript in question?" musterbrand "You'll be surprised. It is a set of recipes ... "
This kitchen is not my forte, as a chef I have always been rather musterbrand discreet. And my culinary knowledge theorists were, just over twenty years, and tangential surface. Josep Pla (What we ate) had made me see that what we eat, we eat and we eat is also part of the culture. Joan Perucho musterbrand and his brother Nestor Lujan often wrote articles and books I liked snooping (especially those Perucho). I, as a reader of John Carpenter, I was impressed that they said those words:
"I participate in the idea that the act of eating is a cultural event as important as the contemplation of a sublime picture or the hearing of a Beethoven quartet. I always thought that it is a "failure" had not placed the cultural delights of the palate at the same level that delight the eye or ear. "
A house had, among others, the medieval Book of Sent Sovi but I had not yet learned that this work was a real treasure, the cradle of Catalan cuisine and much of Europe and the basis of what was caure'm point above. musterbrand
By the way, this book is as old (1324) has what is the essence musterbrand of a classic book. And it tells truths that are completely contemporary to us, not timeless. Just started as a statement of principles says:
"Así begins the book anyway to pottatges of food that s puxen do anyway volatarias musterbrand of skin and meat and fish, in which way they should aperellar. Which is one of the Hour that we may know and to understand people of all natures, so is men and women of Any establishment that either. "
I think the anonymous author of the book Soví scolded me for not being a little more proficient in the art of cooking, but in the end I thought that this would not be so bad if you could get the 230 pages of manuscript Fray Roger to a wider audience and ability myself in front of the kitchen.
Just start the transcription of the Art Kitchen, I realized musterbrand I had my hands on a text which was a first-class cultural event, both funds (culinary content) as the form (language resources used ).
As work progressed on the mechanics of transcription were emerging issues that the funds would eventually give way to the introductory study. Among these there were four questions that seemed essential:
First: Roger Francis who was and what it could mean? I had just had a full facility na Salord Josefina, with a few data, insufficient at all to "create" a character. These data had left the Diocesan Archive of Ciutadella, musterbrand probably courtesy of Fernando Martí Camps. (FMC). A biography itself was impossible. I decided that I would limit therefore it was important to provide the context musterbrand in which he lived Brother Roger: musterbrand Ciutadella de Menorca, Franciscan monk, and under British rule.
Secondly, in what way could explain the adventure of a manuscript that had belonged musterbrand to the eighteenth century Franciscan convent musterbrand in Ciutadella, musterbrand 1986 Microfilm back to Menorca, from the Library of Catalonia, which is which holds the original? The qu

No comments:

Post a Comment